See us On Facebook
Physician Financial Transparency Reports (Sunshine Act)
Surgical Preceptor for Boston Scientific, Lumenis, Urologix and Medtronics
Diplomat of the American Board of Urology
|Meet Dr. Chakrabarty
Meet the Doctor | Short CV | Short Bio
Surgical Proctoring | CME Presentations | Poster Presentations
Read recent publications from Dr. Chakrabarty
“Where experience and compassion meet technology”
Dr. Chakrabarty is committed to providing the most comprehensive and contemporary treatment to meet the urological needs of his patients. He is a leader in several areas of urology and is a national and international surgical proctor for several of these innovative procedures. Being in practice since 1980 across three continents, along with his sub-specialty training and competence, he offers a world of experience and expertise in all aspects of male, female and general pediatric urologic disorders.
If you or a loved one suffers from a urologic condition – whether it is a life-altering incontinence issue or a life-threatening cancer – you can count on Dr. Chakrabarty to offer the treatment and support that you need to get better safely, quickly, effectively and with minimal morbidity.
SPECIFIC GOALS OF OUR PRACTICE:
- Readily accessible appointments and same day availability for emergent add-ons.
- Innovative treatments with emphasis on non-invasive or minimally invasive techniques including laser and laparoscopic surgery.
- Integrate the doctrine of prevention in all our treatment plans as a way to alleviate possible future difficulties
- Active participation in national multi-institutional research trials studying new drugs or innovative surgical techniques and minimally invasive procedures.
- And above all provide expert urological care with compassion and integrity.
Though we deal with all areas of urological care Dr. Chakrabarty has special interest in the areas of
- ROBOT ASSISTED LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY
- Female urinary incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse
- Minimally invasive therapies for male urinary problems including enlarged prostate and urinary incontinence
- Low testosterone and erectile dysfunction including penile prosthesis implantation
- Male infertility and vasectomy reversals
- Minimally invasive treatment for prostate cancer
- Treatment and prevention of kidney stones
Enrolling Patients For:
An International Phase 3 Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multi-Center Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Vibegron in Men with Overactive Bladder (OAB) Symptoms on Pharmacological Therapy for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) (COURAGE Study)
Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Vibegron in Patients with Overactive Bladder - Protocol RVT-901-3003/3004, Urovant Sciences GmbH
We accept most public and private insurance plans. We also offer special pricing for cash-paying patients for most procedures.
Dr. Chakrabarty values the doctor-patient relationship and recognizes the importance of earning your trust by delivering competent and quality patient care. He understands that the foundation of any relationship is good communication, honesty, and respect and he strives for your complete unconditional satisfaction. For Dr. Chakrabarty caring and compassion is not just a procedure, it is a mindset.
He always welcomes your questions, comments, and suggestions in order to ensure that he is providing an effective and efficient office and medical environment. This assures his commitment to provide each individual with the highest quality of medical care.
SPECIAL PROCEDURES PERFORMED:
- Interstim Therapy, Percutaneous Tibial nerve stimulation and Botox therapy for Urge Incontinence
- TransUrethral Prostate Microwave Therapy (TUMT), Transurethral Needle Ablation (TUNA), Greenlight Laser and Plasma “button” electrode for treatment of enlarged prostate
- Minimally invasive treatments for Prostate Cancer including Cryo-therapy, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Robotic prostatectomy.
- Single incision minimally invasive out-patient procedures for female urinary incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse like Ajust and Mini-Arc Precise slings, Macroplasique urethral bulking agents in addition to offering the traditional non- mesh repair.
- In-office no-scalpel vasectomy: Dr. Chakrabarty has vast experience in conducting vasectomies
- Vasectomy Reversals: Dr. Chakrabarty has expertise with microscopic vasectomy reversals with a high success rates and offers all-inclusive payment packages.
PAST RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Protocol 191622-096 A Multicenter, Long-term Follow-up Study of the Safety and Efficacy of BOTOX on Botox naïve patients with Multiple Sclerosis – DIGNITY Study
- Allergan GMA-OAB-113 Complete COntinence as Primary Metric For OnabotulinumtoxinA OveRactive Bladder Treatment Success: A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study in Overactive Bladder Patients with Urinary Incontinence – COMFORT Study
- Elevate Apical/Posterior vs. NTR study: A Prospective, Safety and Efficacy Cohort Study of Elevate® Apical and Posterior Prolapse Repair System Compared to Native Tissue Repair for Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair (Protocol No. PR1206) – HARMONY Study
- Postmarket Study PS120093 Solyx™ Study CLINICAL PROTOCOL U9915 Single Incision Trans Obturator Sling (SISTO) Study A Prospective, Non-Randomized, Parallel Cohort, Multi-center Study of the Solyx™ Single Incision Sling System vs. the Obtryx™ II Sling System for the Treatment of Women with Stress Urinary Incontinence Sponsored By Boston Scientific Corp
- Postmarket Study PS 130044 Uphold Lite ™ Study CLINICAL PROTOCOL # U8090 A Prospective, Non-Randomized, Parallel Cohort, Multi-center Study of Uphold LITE vs. Native Tissue for the Treatment of Women with Anterior/Apical Pelvic Organ Prolapse Sponsored By Boston Scientific Corporation